Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Different Kind of Gold in my Pan

My neighbors and I went prospecting in the woods today, but not for gold. Our target was  the edible Chanterelle mushroom, and we hit the mother lode.
I was surprised to learn this morning that some mushrooms in Ohio are not only poisonous, they're actually DEADLY!  Here's an interesting publication from The Ohio State University Extension Office (Be sure to scroll down on their page to see the photos and notes.):

No comments:

Post a Comment