Thursday, September 25, 2014

Upper End, Section #13

First, an update: Today I received a phone call from a Wildlife Research Biologist at the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife. After confirming their belief with an expert in Pennsylvania, ODNR has identified the mystery animal from last week as a Fisher. Fishers are believed to be quite rare in Ohio though there was a confirmed sighting recently in Meigs County, the county directly south of Athens County. The road I live on (Old US Highway 33) runs right into Meigs County. They've asked that I share any new photos if the thing returns.

Today we're back to the upper camera, mostly because when I went to the lower one yesterday, I forgot to take a memory card with me. Certainly no mystery critters today.






No comments:

Post a Comment