Tuesday, February 17, 2015

CreekWalk: Raccoonville

The fresh snow made for a difficult and disappointing trip to the trail cams today, cameras I'd left undisturbed for 4 days. Turned out, the wildlife had barely disturbed the cameras either, though the below-zero temps may have had a lot to do with that.

First up, a final video from Amy's Crossing. I've seen squirrels stand like this many times but never a raccoon.



From the other camera, about 50 yards upstream, a few still photos. The streaks in the 2nd one are from falling snowflakes, and notice the temps in pics 3 and 4.






After swapping memory cards today, I climbed up a steep hill with one of the cameras to a shallow cave-like structure. Here's a look down from the cave, followed by a shot of the camera I left there. I'll go back in a few days to see if there are any visitors to share with you. If nothing else, you'll get to see what the camera sees from that spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment