Friday, February 27, 2009

Creepy 'Possums & Toothy Raccoons

Opossums kinda give me the willies when I walk up on them in the woods, but you almost have to feel sorry for them...as I'm not sure there is a less cuddly creature in the forest.

I don't know what has these raccoons so upset, but click on the pic to enlarge, and look at their mouths. Both are baring some mean looking teeth!

In other news, a correction from yesterday's post. My good friend "Mr. Walleye" reminded me that my claim of blazing the path with only hand tools is not completely truthful, and he's right. He and his chain saw have been invaluable in cutting away the dead trees that occasionally fall across the path, including a couple that fell only part way, making a dangerous spot to walk under. Let me publicly thank him, and while I'm at it, I'll also thank him for giving me the opportunity to learn how to fall into a lawn cart without breaking my neck. A big thanks too for throwing a half-dozen of my Erie Deeries into the lake so I could buy some new ones. I also appreciate his patience as he repeatedly taught me how to break into my '88 Dakota.

Tomorrow we'll check on Ms. Hopper and see what other surprises the cameras may provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment