Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Posting These Videos...

...even though I'm not 100% sure of what animals are in them. In the first, there is a rabbit in the lower left quadrant of the video that I think probably caused the camera to start shooting. What makes the video so interesting, though, are the creatures that fly across the screen at least three times. I can only guess that they are Red Bats. (An ODNR article says that Red Bats hibernate only during the coldest spells of winter, and it WAS almost 60 degrees the other day.)


You will need to be patient with the 2nd video. Focus your attention just to the right of the small pine tree that is moving from the wind. You should see a pair of eyes emerge after about 15 seconds, and a few seconds later, a small critter running up the log toward the camera. A field mouse perhaps?


After repeated freeze-framing, I'm still not CERTAIN what I see in either video, but I'm going with bats and a mouse. I welcome your thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment