Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Special Edition #1

Starting today, I'm going to reserve Sundays for photos caught by trail cams owned by friends and family. To kick things off, a photo of a Pileated Woodpecker, one of my favorite birds. My cams have found one only once in the many years I've been doing this, despite the fact that I hear them almost daily. I mentioned this to my friend Don Bilski a couple of weeks ago; 3 days later he sent me a photo his trail cam snapped at The Woodpecker Tree. This great catch came from his woods, less than 5 miles from here. What a majestic bird!


You may have heard them before and not even realized it. Click HERE if you would like to hear one.

By the way, Don is quite the photographer and has taken some amazing photos over the years with his cameras. See his work at Flickr by clicking HERE .


No comments:

Post a Comment