Friday, May 2, 2014

Under LogWalker's Log

I start with a photo of the log as you've seen before, but what you can't see is that there is another section of the same log that crosses a small ravine. I strapped a camera to the underside of the log to see what would happen, and after reviewing the photos, learned two things.

1) Next time, I'll try to find a log that crosses higher above the ground. In this case, with the camera only about 3' off the ground, the field of vision is very limited. I had many photos that showed only half a squirrel or half a raccoon.

2) Trail cams are triggered by movement. Water trickling down a ravine is movement. I had over a hundred photos that showed nothing but the creek and leaves, as the water itself was enough to cause the cam to take photos.

In any case, here are a couple of photos that DID work.



Nose completely underwater


See the Chipmunk?


No comments:

Post a Comment